Full text of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s letter to the nation
On completion of one year of the second term of the government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has written a letter to the country. In a letter written to the people of the country, the Prime Minister said that today is the need of the hour that we have to stand on our own feet, the Prime Minister has once again given a call to make the country self-sufficient in times of crisis.
- A year before today, a new golden chapter was added to the history of Indian democracy. After decades in the country, the government was entrusted with the responsibility for the second consecutive time to a government of the absolute majority. You have played a big role in creating this chapter. In such a situation, this day is for me, an opportunity to bow down to you.
- In 2014, the people had voted for a major change in the country, had voted to change the country’s policy and manner. In those 5 years, the country has seen systems coming out of the quagmire of inertia and corruption.
- In 2019, your blessings were for the big dreams of the country, for the fulfillment of hopes and aspirations. The decisions taken in this one year are the flight of these big dreams. Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Faith ‘With this mantra, today the country is moving in every direction, social or economic, global or internal.
- In the last year, some special decisions were more discussed and due to this, it is very natural to stay in the memory of these achievements. Article 370, Ram temple construction, triple talaq, or Citizenship Amendment Act, all these achievements are remembered by all.
- In the midst of these historical decisions, there have been many decisions and changes that have given the new pace and new goals to the development journey of India. The expectations of the people have also been fulfilled.
- This is the first time in the history of the country when farmers, farm laborers, small shopkeepers, and unorganized sector laborers, all have been assured regular monthly pension of Rs. 3000 after the age of 60 years.
- For better laws related to the interests of the common people, for this also work was done fast in the last 1 year and broke the previous record. This is the reason that there should be a Consumer Protection Act, amendment in the chit fund law, laws to provide greater protection to the Divyang, women, and children, all these have become fast.
- We were moving at a fast pace that the corona global epidemic also engulfed India. Many people had feared that when Corona attacked India, India would become a crisis for the whole world. But today you have changed the perspective of looking at India.
- Corona Warriors are respected by Indian forces from clapping and lighting a lamp, adhere to the rules during public curfew or nationwide lockdown, on every occasion you have shown that one India is the guarantee of the best India is.
- Certainly, in such a big crisis, no one can claim that no one has suffered or inconvenience. Workers, migrant laborers, siblings, artisans working in small industries, those who sell goods on the track, etc. have suffered unlimited suffering. They are trying to overcome their problems.
- During the Amphan Cyclone which has just hit West Bengal and Odisha, the enthusiasm with which the people faced the situation, reducing the damage due to the cyclone, is also a big inspiration for all of us.
- Today, this discussion is very widespread in how the economies of all countries including India will recover. But on the other hand, there is also the belief that just as India surprised the whole world in the fight against Corona by its solidarity, it will set a new example in the economic field. 130 crore Indians can not only surprise the world but also inspire them in the economic field.
- Today’s demand is that we have to stand on our own feet. You have to walk on your own and there is only one path for this, self-sufficient India. Recently, the 20 lakh crore package given for self-reliant India campaign is a step in this direction. India will reduce its dependence on imports and move towards self-sufficiency.